Thursday, June 6, 2013

Star Trek in my Stargate


So I'm currently watching an episode of Stargate SG-1, the one where the SGC finds out that the Russians have a Stargate. I'm not too far in to the episode, and to be honest, I haven't been paying very much attention to it.
But the point of this isn't actually about the Stargate episode.
It's about how I'm watching it and I see an actress that looks familiar, but I just can't place. So I head off to IMDB and find out that it's Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Part of me doesn't like it.
Not just with her, but when you see actors playing different characters than the ones that made them famous or that they're well known for (or that YOU first knew them for).
It's silly, I know, but it makes it so much harder to see them as someone else.

Richard Dean Anderson, for example. While he plays Jack O'Neill in Stargate, people a generation or two older than me probably know him as MacGyver and might've had trouble adjusting to him in a science-fiction role.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm going crazy (which is quite likely at this point, I've been up since 4am and it's just about 10pm).

And I think I'll leave with that little rant for tonight.

Next time?
Red Dwarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment